Sunday, July 28, 2013

Beauty Pageant

A couple of weeks ago Nolan and I decided to make goals to just be better. My goal was to try to be more outgoing and gain some self confidence in front of people. I figured I would just be better about making conversation with new people and be more outgoing in groups of people and this would definitely meet my goal. Well... Sheena Daniels, Nolan's friend from college messaged me on Facebook and asked if i would want to do the Mrs. Idaho America Pageant with her. I'm pretty sure I laughed out loud!!! A few conversations later and I was signed up for the pageant thinking what did I get myself into! Luckily I don't have to have a talent otherwise there would be no pageant in my future.

I am excited to be a part of the pageant to be a good example to Reese of doing things outside our comfort zone helps us to grow and that even though I'm going to be in a fancy dress I can still be modest and live my standards. I really want to focus on being healthy in mind, body and spirit. I have several people that are close to me that have eating or image disorders and its been hard to watch as someone you love is slowing dying in front of you and doesn't want to see what they are doing to not only themselves but to all those that love them. Focusing on ways to help them and help them see the importance of understanding who they are and how special they are.

As a family we have been doing good. We have started to get settled in in Idaho. The kids are getting use to living with Grammy and Grandpa. We've traveled a lot to Utah but its been fun to see family and neighbors and be able to spend time with them.  Reese is such a funny thing, she is doing better with not being terrified of spider and bugs and has enjoyed getting her face painted several times a week. Ethan is silly boy! He wants to only ride the four-wheeler with dad or grandpa and recently has discovered how delicious raspberries are. Nolan has been working hard at getting the business going and we love that his commute is even closer than before.

No comments: